Welcome to the Xeno Fighters R Wiki! This wiki serves as an encyclopedia of information about the playable fighters, stages, and enemies in the game.
Xeno Fighters R is a shmup fangame created by Team XF. This game is inspired by the Raiden Fighters series by Seibu Kaihatsu. This project is currently under development.
There are 20 stages to play in the game with four different game modes to select from.
The story of Xeno Fighters R involves BRES, a group of humans subverted by the hostile Keto. BRES and the Keto extraterrestrials attack ATHENA through various periods in Earth's war history, using the wars as cover to their operations to destroy the Earth. The guest fighters do not have any connection to the story.
Xeno Fighters R has a long development history, starting in 1998.
|Game modes||Story Mode ● Path Mode ● Conquest Mode ● Rebirth Mode ● Boss Rush|
|Core gameplay||Miclus ● Fairy ● Slave ● Combo system and scoring bonuses ● Medal system ● Rank system and difficulty levels|
|Original ships||Amada Vipros ● Phyxius ● Zaiva ● Xelcor|
|Seibu Kaihatsu guests||Raiden mk-II ● Judge Spear ● Raiden mk-IIβ ● Blue Javelin|
|Namco guests||Gyaraga ● Solvalou|
|Psikyo guests||A6M Zero ● X-36 ● Tengai|
|Tecmo guests||Castor ● Pollux|
|Capcom guests||P-38 ● Stearman E75 ● Michelle Heart ● Kevin Walker|
|Other guests||Vic Viper ● Miyamoto ● Miria ● Hoplon|
|Related pages||Removed ships|
|Starting stages||1942 Midway Islands (1) ● 2035 American Midwest (2)|
|"A" path stages||1995 Chechnya (3-A) ● 2035 Iceland (4-A) ● 2003 Afghanistan (5-A) ● 1915 France (6-A)|
|"B" path stages||1974 Vietnam (3-B) ● 2035 Portugal (4-B) ● 1991 Persian Gulf (5-B) ● Dimensional Abyss (6-B)|
|Final stages||End of Days (5-C) ● Asteroid Belt (F-A) ● Temporal Spaceport (F-B) ● BRES Colony (F-C)|
|EX stages||Gemini Canyon (EX-1) ● Forest of Naju (EX-2) ● Parobee Fusion (EX-3) ● '98 D R E A M S (EX-4) ● Lair of the Leviathan (EX-5) ● San Diego (EX-6)|
|Developer stages||Black Heart's Domain ● BPze's Room of Doom|
|Starting stage bosses||Techno-Ayako (1) ● Silver Banshee (2)|
|A-stage bosses||Jasper Gigas (3-A) ● Orion Arrow (4-A) ● Steel Aughisky (5-A) ● Bronze Harpy (6-A)|
|B-stage bosses||Jade Hydra (3-B) ● Obsidian Peryton (4-B) ● Citadel Geryon (Orthrus, Eurytion) (5-B) ● Dullahan (6-B)|
|Final stage bosses||Copper Caoineag (5-C) ● Gettok (F-A) ● Dreadnought Echidna (F-B) ● Balor (F-C)|
|EX bosses||Green Walrus (EX-1) ● Blue Optomon (EX-2) ● Ziyudee (EX-3) ● BonziBUDDY (EX-4) ● Vahrstor (EX-5) ● Black Heart (EX-6)|
|Midbosses||Staubteufel (3-A) ● Teramanta (3-B) ● Stymphalian Birds (4-B) ● Megadon (6-A) ● Xenoscorpius (F-B) ● Big Boy Shippu (EX-3) ● Clippy (EX-4) ● Hummingbird (EX-6)|
|Other||The Stranger (Azure Silence)|
What's new on Xeno Fighters R Wiki
- September 4, 2021: Xeno Fighters R v0.295 is released.
- August 31, 2021: Xeno Fighters R v0.291 update patch released. This fixes some bugs.
- August 28, 2021: Xeno Fighters R v0.289 is released. This fixes some major bugs that cause the game to crash.
- August 28, 2021: Xeno Fighters R v0.288 is released.
- May 9, 2021: Xeno Fighters R v0.256 is released.
- May 5, 2021: Xeno Fighters R v0.250 is released.
- June 24, 2020: Xeno Fighters R v0.200 has been released.
- February 27, 2020: After nearly 9 years, the game is revived and currently undergoing a port to Game Maker Studio 1.4 to be able to run on modern PCs. Additions include Path Mode (select one of several fixed stage progression paths) and extensive ship balancing across the board.
- Latest Activity On The Wiki
Xeno Fighters game downloads
- Xeno Fighters R (v0.295, 4 September 2021, most current public version): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M7eak_uFJTtlLQ1Pgqiaf3zIXhwQCtmb/view?usp=sharing (194.2MB)
- Xeno Fighters EX: http://legendsworld.net/shooter/game/22058
- Download mirror: https://condor.srsbz.nz/pub/games/xenofighters/
- Has all known versions available, including Xeno Fighters EX
- Development topic at SHMUPS.com forums: The ongoing development discussion topic
- Xeno Fighters article at TV Tropes