Xeno Fighters R is a homebrew SHMUP created by Team XF. This game is inspired by the Raiden Fighters series of top-down scrolling shooters by SEIBU KAIHATSU INC. This project is currently under development.
There are 20 stages to play in the game with four different game modes to select from.
The story of Xeno Fighters R involves BRES, a group of humans subverted by the hostile Keto. BRES and the Keto extraterrestrials attack ATHENA through various periods in Earth's war history, using the wars as cover to their operations to destroy the Earth. The guest fighters do not have any connection to the story.
Xeno Fighters R has a long development history, starting in 1998.
|Game modes||Story Mode ● Path Mode ● Conquest Mode ● Boss Rush|
|Core gameplay||Miclus ● Fairy ● Slave ● Combo system and scoring bonuses ● Medal system ● Rank system and difficulty levels|
|Original ships||Amada Vipros ● Phyxius ● Zaiva ● Xelcor|
|Seibu Kaihatsu guests||Raiden mk-II ● Judge Spear ● Raiden mk-IIβ ● Blue Javelin|
|Namco guests||Gyaraga ● Solvalou|
|Psikyo guests||A6M Zero ● X-36 ● Tengai|
|Tecmo guests||Castor ● Pollux|
|Capcom guests||P-38 ● Stearman E75 ● Michelle Heart ● Kevin Walker|
|Other guests||Vic Viper ● Miyamoto ● Miria ● Hoplon|
|Related pages||Removed ships|
|Starting stages||1942 Midway Islands (1) ● 2035 American Midwest (2)|
|"A" path stages||1995 Chechnya (3-A) ● 2035 Portugal (4-A) ● 2003 Afghanistan (5-A) ● 1915 France (6-A)|
|"B" path stages||1974 Vietnam (3-B) ● 2035 Iceland (4-B) ● 1991 Persian Gulf (5-B) ● Dimensional Abyss (6-B)|
|Final stages||Ravaged Earth (5-C) ● Asteroid Belt (F-A) ● Temporal Warp (F-B) ● BRES Colony (F-C)|
|EX stages||Gemini Canyon (EX-1) ● Forest of Naju (EX-2) ● Parobee Fusion (EX-3) ● Lair of the Leviathan (EX-5) ● San Diego (EX-6)|
|Developer stages||Black Heart's Domain|
|XFEX 2003 bosses||Techno-Ayako (1) ● Silver Banshee (2) ● Jade Hydra (3-B, F-C midboss) ● Orion Arrow (4-B) ● Citadel Geryon (5-B) ● Bronze Harpy (6-A) ● Gettok (F-A) ● Dreadnought Echidna (F-B)|
|XFR bosses||Jasper Gigas (3-A) ● Obsidian Peryton (4-A) ● Steel Aughisky (5-A) ● Dullahan (6-B) ● Copper Caoineag (5-C, F-C midboss) ● Balor (F-C)|
|Mid-bosses||Staubteufel (3-A) ● Teramanta (3-B) ● Stymphalian Birds (4-A) ● Megadon (6-A) ● Xenoscorpius (F-B) ● Big Boy Shippu (EX-3)|
|EX bosses||Green Walrus (EX-1) ● Blue Optomon (EX-2) ● Ziyudee (EX-3) ● Vahrstor (EX-5) ● Black Heart (EX-6)|
What's new on Xeno Fighters R Wiki
- June 24, 2020: Xeno Fighters R v0.200 has been released.
- February 27, 2020: After nearly 9 years, the game is revived and currently undergoing a port to Game Maker Studio 1.4 to be able to run on modern PCs. Additions include Path Mode (select one of several fixed stage progression paths) and extensive ship balancing across the board.
- Latest Activity On The Wiki
Xeno Fighters game downloads
- Xeno Fighters R (v0.200 RC1, 24th June 2020, most current public version): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lLc6VIEuII7EMOy6xXIZzYyVfaFIHa3i/view?usp=sharing
- Xeno Fighters EX: http://legendsworld.net/shooter/game/22058
- Development topic at SHMUPS.com forums: The ongoing development discussion topic
- Xeno Fighters article at TV Tropes